OUR Drama training
offerING you a low cost, industry relevant, practical 21st century approach to drama training
Train for the screen, not the stage
We teach the Hollywood standard 'Chubbuck' & Meisner Techniques
DontGoToDramaSchool offers a practical 21st century approach to drama training, teaching the leading-edge Hollywood screen acting techniques used by Brad Pitt and Jim Carrey, amongst others. We offer an online 52-week drama training syllabus
Teaching the Hollywood endorsed Chubbuck Technique, Meisner Technique, and TV & Film acting techniques, students will learn:
* An easy to grasp, modern emotion-based interpretation of the
* Empowering techniques to create a personalised performance in any dramatic situation
* Intensive mental focus techniques, creating strong characterization & audience engagement
* Technical aspects unique to film and television acting
* Acting for single camera drama
* Screen continuity
* Effective use of costume, props and scenery
* A systematic approach to script analysis
* Audition technique, career advice and life coaching/mental resilience training
* Success mindset coaching
* Sales and marketing hints and tips to help students develop their career after training
Our video based website training allows students of all ages to study the acting techniques of the Hollywood stars in the comfort of their own homes
Each workshop, students will receive a training video, accompanying study notes and scripts, teaching a new acting component.
Students will need to engage in a number of practical drama exercises, and act out a number of dramatic scripts.
Some scenes will require an acting partner. Our private Facebook Group will help you source an acting partner(s) in your locality.
This training is ideal for TV drama directors wanting to fully understand how to effectively work well with actors. And scriptwriters wanting to understand how to create psychologically multifaceted characters full of story potential.
A traditional drama school/University drama education is very expensive (£27,000+ over 3 years) heavily over-subscribed; and involves the student moving away from home to study for several years, often learning outdated stage acting techniques and drama theory
Little opportunity exists for aspiring actors to access industry relevant training and develop their own unique acting style
Statistics show that most acting graduates give up on their acting career dreams within 6 to 12 months of leaving drama school
DontGoToDramaSchool is determined to change this!